When recruitment managers and employers look at an administration resume, you can bet they’re looking for some particular key skills. Among others, these are likely to be organisation, communication and a strong level of data management, so it’s critical that these skills are highlighted in your resume. Similarly, it’s important to structure your administration resume right, as this will give an indication of your ability to collate and present information cohesively, something you’ll be doing on a regular basis in any administration role. Here are our tips to nailing it.
Administration resume do's
- Do keep it brief and concise.
- Do call out your successes or accomplishments.
- Do tailor your administration resume template to each role you apply for.
- Do list your experience from most recent to least recent.
- Do use known industry terminology.
- Do use professional contact details.
- Do run a thorough spelling and grammar check before submitting your resume.
Accountant resume don'ts
- Don’t speak in general terms.
- Don’t assume knowledge in the employers or recruiters reading your administration resume. Explain the duties of each of your roles and any associated terms or acronyms.
- Don’t use out dated or unprofessional contact details.
- Don’t include every role you’ve ever had. Only the most relevant experience should be included.
- Don’t let it exceed two pages.
Administration resume example
This administration resume example works because it adheres to general strong resume-writing principles. It is succinct, specific, lists experience in order of most recent to least recent and details unique skills and accomplishments that will separate this candidate from others.
This resume sample opens with a career objective that is short but direct, and details what the candidate is passionate about in their work. It calls out key technical skills and proficiencies that are important for roles like this. This admin resume sample also presents information and experience neatly using bullet-points, making the content easy to consume and understand.
A great resume doesn’t necessary rely on having the most extensive or impressive work experience. Making your administration resume exceptional is about ensuring it is tailored specifically to the role and organisation you’re applying to work with, that it is laid out neatly and logically, and that it promotes your most relevant experience and abilities.
Writing an administration resume that impresses employers is within reach for all candidates, no matter where they are in their career journey. Follow the above tips and use our administration resume template as a guide and you’ll be on track to success.
Take a look at our resume tips page for more advice on how to write a resume.