The 2016 Robert Half Salary Guide provides you with unique insights into the latest average information technology & IT salaries, including anticipated year on year increases.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations against other information technology professionals - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job!
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
- Confidence is high across the IT sector with 77% of Australian CIOs confident in the national economy.
- Technology advancements are driving business change, delivering growth and innovation across multiple sectors and prompting the need for additional talent.
- The recruitment outlook for IT professionals is positive with 48% of Australian CIOs saying they will expand their IT team within the company, and another 41% will be filling existing permanent positions that have opened up.
- 93% of Australian CIOs say it is challenging to find skilled technology professionals today, leaving companies competing for top IT talent.
- Faced with a highly competitive, candidate-driven market, one in two Australian businesses plan to increase salaries for their existing IT employees.
- Across the board IT salaries are expected to rise by an average of 6.7% over the next 12 months
- Bonuses are also trending upwards. Almost one in four companies nationally will increase bonuses paid to IT professionals this year.
- Companies realise that offering more extensive remuneration packages is increasingly necessary to attract and retain expert IT professionals.
- The breathtaking pace of technological change makes it essential for IT professionals of all levels to stay abreast of industry developments
- The most sought-after candidates are familiar with new software and hardware, have an understanding of emerging systems, and are able to confidently use devices and related applications
- Companies are also increasingly investing in developing in-house talent through extensive training programs
- Candidates who stay up to speed with these ongoing developments are rewarded with an increase in their market value.
- Security of data and IT systems is a growing concern for business leaders across Australia in 2016.
- IT security is critical to the success of every business around the world. The rising fear of data theft, hacking and fraud compounded by the fact that many staff are now working remotely and on multiple devices means there's an increasing demand for IT security specialists.
- Accessing, analysing and utilising the data to make sound strategic, data-driven decisions has become increasingly important to gain commercial insights and competitive advantage.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the 2016 Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and accounting, banking, technology and administrative jobs.
Technology employers want you, but how do you capitalise?
Retaining and finding top technology talent is proving a challenge for employers. And with IT salaries on the rise, the ball is in your court to build your career. Here's how to take your IT career to the next level.
Education vs experience: Which counts more for IT hires?
It can be a hard decision working out whether you pursue extensive study or go out and get a job in the field, which provides real-life experience. There are merits to both, and it all depends on striking the right balance.
Staff retention: How to keep your top techies from leaving
Hiring and retaining top tech talent is crucial to the success of your company’s overall goals. As companies increase their online presence and demand for qualified technology staff grows, use these tips to keep staff morale and staff retention high.