Download Your Exclusive Salary Guides
The 2015 Robert Half Salary Guide will provide you with unique insights into the latest average salaries across a number of sectors, anticipated year on year increases as well as what to expect in Australia's current hiring environment.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations compared to your industry peers - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job!
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
Finance & Accounting
- 94% of Australian CFOs are confident about economic growth
- 67% of Australian organisations plan to increase finance & accounting salaries
- 89% of Australian CFOs are concerned about losing their top finance & accounting talent
- 53% of Australian firms plan to expand their IT teams
- 92% of CIOs say it's challenging to find skilled IT staff
- The most in-demand IT professionals are those with database management skills
Administration & Office
- 90% of HR Directors plan to maintain or expand their perm admin & office support headcount
- Hiring managers are looking for reception, sales or project admin candidates
- Candidates with Excel, SAP, Pronto and Oracle experience are sought after
How to negotiate your next pay rise
Navigating the minefield of salary negotiation can be tricky. The key is to be prepared and not let your emotions get the better of you.
Watch our short video highlighting practical tips on how you can use the 2015 Robert Half Salary Guide to successfully approach your next salary discussion.
- For job seekers, technical competency is the #1 skill most likely to earn you a pay rise
- 52% of Australian HR Directors plan to keep salaries frozen
- Over ½ of HR Directors intend only to fill vacated existing roles
- Only 12% of Australian businesses expect to freeze or reduce headcounts this year
- 94% of CFOs are confident in Australia's economic growth
- An expected reduction in the Australian corporate tax rate will help lift business confidence
- The #1 reason Australians leave a job is for better work/life balance
- 82% of HR Directors are concerned about losing their top performers
- 95% of Australian CFOs worry about finding skilled finance professionals
- Competition is fierce in admin teams for entry level candidates with technology skills
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the 2015 Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for Finance and Accounting, Banking, Technology and Administrative jobs. Just enter the city, industry and role title that you work in and the calculator will display a real-time salary range in Australian dollars.
Note: The amount an employee is paid can vary between states.