The Robert Half Salary Guide provides you with unique insights into the latest average salaries, including anticipated year on year increases.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations against other professionals within your industry - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
Employment & salary outlook for the year ahead:
- Business leaders across Australia are optimistic about the year ahead due to positive economic factors including low interest rates, falling fuel costs and ongoing low inflation.
- As technology and the business environment becomes more complex, companies are looking for talent with specialised skills.
- The 9-5 working day is a thing of the past for many companies, with flexible workplaces becoming the new norm.
- Proactive companies are adjusting their remuneration policies to ensure their salary offers match or exceed averages in their location and industry.
Trends dominating the hiring landscape
- Emerging skills shortages: 9 out of 10 business leaders say it's challenging to find skilled and experienced professionals.
- Staff retention: As more jobs are created, increasing employment opportunities could underpin a rise in voluntary staff turnover.
- Salary: Financial rewards are still highly effective when it comes to attracting talent and keeping high calibre employees engaged, motivated and on board.
- The exit of the baby boomer generation: Businesses need to take on a multi-faceted approach to prepare for the potential skills gap left.
Finance & Accounting salaries
Demand for qualified finance professionals continues to grow. Not only business expansion or plans for new projects are at the basis of the demand - additional factors include the convergence of accounting standards globally, as well as the ongoing digitisation of financial information.
Information Technology salaries
Technology advancements are driving business change, delivering growth and innovation across multiple sectors and prompting the need for additional IT talent. Confidence is high across the IT sector with nearly 90% of Australian CIOs optimistic that their company will achieve growth this year.
Administration & Office salaries
As the commercial environment becomes more complex, demand for administrative and office support professionals is steady. One of the recruiting challenges companies currently face is the need to attract administrative candidates who are able to make a measurable contribution from day one.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and accounting, banking, technology and administrative jobs.
How to answer 'what was your most recent salary?'
Negotiating salary with a potential new employer? Take a look at our tips on how to manage those tricky interview questions about your most recent salary and get the edge in the salary negotiation process.
Why paying a competitive salary is important
Offering a competitive salary package is the number one factor that can help you attract and retain the best people. Here's how a smart salary policy can help your business grow.
When should you discuss salary in an interview?
For many of us, being compensated fairly for our skills and experience impacts job satisfaction. Here are three factors to consider before raising the topic of salary during the interview process.