Security Architect Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Security Architect and IT and Technology trends.
A Security Architect is responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing security systems within an organisation’s IT network. A Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
Security Architect duties and responsibilities of the job
In addition to anticipating possible security threats and identifying areas of weakness in a network system, a Security Architect must respond promptly and effectively to possible breaches of security. A Security Architect job description generally includes:
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Developing project timelines for ongoing system upgrades
- Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role
- Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting breach of security drills
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
As a senior member of the IT team, a Security Architect job description should also include cultivating a culture of security awareness, and arranging continuing education of personnel to ensure security policies are adhered to at all times.
Security Architect job qualifications and requirements
A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is highly desirable. Some employers may require additional advanced security qualifications such as SABSA (Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certifications.
As well as formal qualifications, a Security Architect job description should include the following qualities:
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
Are you looking for a Security Architect role? View our latest Security Architect jobs here.
$750 - 900 / day
August 6, 2018
$600 - 700 / day
July 31, 2018
$800.00 - 1000 / day
August 2, 2018
$120000 - 130000 / annum
July 19, 2018