Data Analyst Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Data Analyst and IT and Technology trends.
A Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions. Data Analysts gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends – as such a Data Analyst job description should highlight the analytical nature of the role. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
Data Analyst duties and responsibilities of the job
Data Analysts often make recommendations about the methods and ways in which a company obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems. A Data Analyst job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
Data Analyst job qualifications and requirements
A degree in the following subjects is beneficial in developing a career in data analysis:
- Computer Science
There are also a number of qualities to expect from a candidate to flourish in a Data Analyst role:
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyse large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
Are you looking for an Data Analyst role? View our latest Data Analyst jobs here.
Looking for an Data Analyst job or IT and Technology specific salary information? Head over to our Data Analyst Salary Guide for insights and trends.