The role of the Finance Officer involves providing financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders of the business. It’s a role that may attract applicants keen to move up the financial corporate ladder; those with ambitions of being Finance Managers, or even the CFO one day.
Finance Officer job description should highlight the need for candidates who are focused on outcomes, excellent problem solvers and strong communicators.
Finance Officer duties and responsibilities of the job
Reporting to a manager and supporting the finance and accounting teams, a Finance Officer job description should include some of the below key duties and responsibilities. This is a role that interacts with several departments internally.
A Finance Officer job description generally includes:
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Processing invoices
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of organisational products and process
- Providing customer service to clients
- Resolve financial disputes raised by the customer service and sales teams
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
- Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
Finance Officer job qualifications and requirements
A Finance Officer role is well suited to candidates with university qualifications, and this should be detailed in the Finance Officer job description. The most relevant fields of study for this role include:
- Finance or Economics
- Business or Business Administration
Knowledge in the below programs could also be included in the job description to appeal to multi-skilled and high-quality candidates:
- Xero Accounting Software
- HP TRIM
Are you looking for a Finance Officer role? View our latest Finance Officer jobs here.