Financial Analyst Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Financial Analyst and Finance and accounting trends.
A Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial planning and analysis of a company, allowing the organisation to make well-informed commercial decisions.
At the heart of a Finance Analyst job description should be the ability to determine the best use of resources to achieve business objectives. They will be expected to produce regular reports using financial data, and work collaboratively across the entire finance team to analyse business performance and strategy.
Financial Analyst duties and responsibilities
A Financial Analyst forecasts future revenue and expenditures to help determine budgets for upcoming projects. A typical Financial Analyst job description should highlight researching and reporting on financial information, as well as monitoring financial movements within the market.
A Financial Analyst job description typically includes:
- Analysing current and past financial data
- Looking at current financial performance and identifying trends
- Preparing reports on the above information and communicating the insights of these reports to the wider business
- Consulting with the management team to develop long-term commercial plans
- Suggesting budgets and improvements based on the above information
- Exploring different investment opportunities
- Developing financial models and providing financial forecasts
- Developing initiatives and policies that may improve financial growth
Financial Analyst job qualifications and requirements
A degree in one of the following subjects should be included in a Financial Analyst job description:
A Finance Analyst is also expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Abreast of industry updates
Are you looking for an Financial Analyst role? View our latest Financial Analyst jobs here.
Looking for an Financial Analyst job or Finance and accounting specific salary information? Head over to our Financial Analyst Salary Guide for insights and trends.
$11000 - 100000 / annum
7 December 2018
Inner Suburbs Perth
$80000 - 100000 / annum
6 December 2018
$90000 - 100000 / annum
14 December 2018
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
$100000 - 100000 / annum
4 December 2018
$45 - 55 / hour
3 December 2018
$100000 - 110000 / annum
17 December 2018
$115000 - 135000 / annum
10 December 2018
$110000 - 125000 / annum
29 November 2018
Inner West Sydney
$75000 - 95000 / annum
19 December 2018