Credit Controller Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Credit Controller and Finance and accounting trends.
Good credit management is essential to an organisation’s healthy cash flow, and the Credit Controller is responsible for managing a book of debtor accounts to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices. A Credit Controller job description should include conducting credit checks on new customers, resolving problems in relation to invoice payments, and reconciling complex month-end accounts. They must also report to management on outstanding issues, whilst highlighting potential debtor problems.
Credit Controller duties and responsibilities of the job
A Credit Controller job description includes overseeing the collection of customer accounts in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and loyalty. As such, a Credit Controller must be able to communicate in an efficient yet friendly manner with customers, as well as the broader accounts receivable team while reporting to the Financial Controller.
A Credit Controller job description typically includes:
- Creating procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention
- Reconciling complex accounts that have been escalated from the AR team
- Monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors DSO
- Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within your team
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team
Credit Controller job qualifications and requirements
A Credit Controller job description should detail a minimum Bachelor’s degree requirement in a finance or business related field of study.
In addition to five years’ experience working within an accounts receivable and/or credit control environment, candidates for a Credit Controller role will also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Competency with large ERP systems
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a demanding workload
Are you looking for a Credit Controller role? View our latest Credit Controller jobs here.
$180000 - 200000 / annum
19 June 2019
$180000 - 220000 / annum
20 June 2019
$55 - 65 / hour
3 June 2019
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
$150000 - 160000 / annum
27 May 2019
$140000 - 140000 / annum
11 June 2019