Receptionists are a pivotal member of staff in any company. They are the first point of contact for any visitors to the office or anyone contacting an organisation, so being well-presented and polite are pivotal traits. A Receptionist also maintains security by logging all visitors and possibly issuing visitor passes, plus provide support to the HR team as required.
Receptionist duties and responsibilities of the job
As the front of house and often first point of contact for external visitors, a Receptionist job description should include:
- Diary management and management of meeting rooms
- Possibly handling event coordination, both internally and externally
- Handling queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence
- Greeting all visitors
- Transferring calls as necessary
- Possibly managing office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture
- Performing ad-hoc administration duties
- Maintaining office services as required (such as cleaners and maintenance companies)
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries
- Assisting with mail as required
- Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis
- Assisting the HR team with recruitment, on-boarding and termination processes
Receptionist job qualifications and requirements
Some companies might want candidates who have previous clerical, administrative or receptionist experience.
It is not mandatory to have a higher education degree to undertake a Receptionist role. However, a Receptionist job description should include:
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional multitasker
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
It is also imperative that a Receptionist has a polite telephone manner and is well-presented at all times.
Are you looking for an Receptionist role? View our latest Receptionist jobs here.
Looking for an Receptionist job or Administration specific salary information? Head over to our Receptionist Salary Guide for insights and trends.
$47000 - 52000 / annum
September 13, 2018
Northern Suburbs Brisbane
$25 - 26 / hour
September 24, 2018
$25.00 - 30.00 / hour
September 21, 2018
$25.00 - 28.00 / hour
September 8, 2018
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
$25.15 - 25.15 / hour
September 5, 2018