Office Manager Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Office Manager and Administration trends.
Office Managers are the backbone of every company. They are instrumental in making sure everything in the office runs smoothly on a daily basis, which means ensuring office equipment is maintained, all records are up to date, whilst carrying out several administrative jobs. Office Managers typically meet and greet visitors so being personable and well-presented is a must.
Office Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
An Office Manager job description generally includes the following requirements for the role:
- Ordering office supplies
- Greeting company visitors
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems
- Supervising personnel
- Setting up appointments, conferences and managing meeting rooms
- Managing office expenditure and budgets
- Testing technical systems (company dependent)
- Possibly undertaking accounting responsibilities (company dependent)
- Possibly managing the social media channels of the company (company dependent)
Office Manager job qualifications and requirements
Although a degree isn’t vital for an Office Manager role, the following qualifications can be presented as advantageous to the job on offer:
- Business Studies
- Information Technology/Computing
- Human Resources
An Office Manager job description should also emphasise the following traits:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Good computing skills
- Capacity to prioritise and delegate tasks
- Charismatic and well-presented at all times due to the high level of interaction with external visitors
Are you looking for an Office Manager role? View our latest Office Manager jobs here.
Looking for an Office Manager job or Administration specific salary information? Head over to our Office Manager Salary Guide for insights and trends.