The HR Manager is responsible for employment policies and procedures, overseeing payroll and rewards and recognition programs as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. Along with administering employee-benefit programs, the HR Manager role involves finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programs for all employees.
HR Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
A standard HR Manager job description should cover in-detail the following duties and responsibilities:
- Managing company staff, including coordinating and supporting the recruitment process
- Onboarding newcomers to the company
- Determining suitable salaries and remuneration
- Providing the necessary support systems for payroll requirements
- Developing adequate induction and training
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development
- Managing succession planning of staff
- Assisting with the performance management and review process
HR Manager job qualifications and requirements
In a highly people-focused role, a HR Manager job description should detail the need for an individual with strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. It is also essential that they are up to date with an understanding of industry awards, current pay rates and industry trends surrounding non-monetary benefits.
Education is a key component for this role. A minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or Business would be necessary, along with previous experience in the HR field.
Are you looking for an HR Manager role? View our latest HR Manager jobs here.
Looking for an HR Manager job or Administration specific salary information? Head over to our HR Manager Salary Guide for insights and trends.
Western Suburbs Melbourne
$800 - 1000 / day
9 November 2018
$90000 - 110000 / annum
26 October 2018
Northern Suburbs Melbourne
$80000 - 100000 / annum
12 November 2018
$100000 - 140000 / annum
14 November 2018
$120000 - 140000 / annum
24 October 2018
$800 - 900 / day
5 November 2018
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
$749 - 750 / day
22 October 2018
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
$120000 - 150000 / annum
13 November 2018
$70000 - 80000 / annum
1 November 2018