Executive Assistant Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Executive Assistant and Administration trends.
An Executive Assistant provides assistance to high-level executives within a company and is often trusted with complex duties and sensitive information.
In addition to general administrative work, Executive Assistants may be in charge of scheduling meetings, taking minutes during sessions, maintaining databases and producing reports or presentations for their executive leadership.
Executive Assistant duties and responsibilities of the job
Executive Assistants generally ensure the smooth-running of the office, working both on a one-to-one basis with the executives, but also on a wider basis with internal and external clients. A standard Executive Assistant job description entails:
- Acting as the point of contact between the executives and internal or external colleagues
- Organising meetings and booking meeting rooms
- Handling correspondence directed to managers
- Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
- Taking dictation and minutes and writing them up subsequently
- Producing reports and presentations
- Maintaining the current filing and database system, and looking for ways to improve current systems
Executive Assistant job qualifications and requirements
Aside from a proficiency in computer skills, an Executive Assistant is not necessarily required to have a degree.
An Executive Assistant job description should advocate for a professional individual who is well-presented at all times. They will be dealing with both internal colleagues and external visitors on behalf of their management team. They are also expected to display the following traits:
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional discretion
Are you looking for an Executive Assistant role? View our latest Executive Assistant jobs here.
Looking for an Executive Assistant job or Administration specific salary information? Head over to our Executive Assistant Salary Guide for insights and trends.
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
$45 - 50 / hour
7 November 2018
$95000 - 105000 / annum
14 November 2018
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
$30.00 - 35.00 / hour
1 November 2018