Customer Service Manager Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Customer Service Manager and Administration trends.
A Customer Service Manager role primarily involves communicating with customers either via phone, email or face-to-face in relation to a product or service, plus potentially overseeing a team of Customer Service agents. A Customer Service Manager job description will describe the representative as acting on behalf of the company, so it is paramount that they know and understand the company values and always act in a professional manner, using language that aligns with that of the company.
Customer Service Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for providing a productive and motivating working environment, and addressing any issues/disputes from customers or clients. A Customer Service Manager job description generally includes:
- Delivering a comprehensive service to enquiring customers
- Possibly delegating certain customer enquiries to specific teams
- Managing a large number of incoming calls and emails
- Managing customers’ accounts
- Keeping a record of customer interaction and details of actions taken
- Communicating with internal teams to discuss sales targets
- Generating sales leads, building sustainable relationships where necessary
- Reporting back on results
Customer Service Manager job qualifications and requirements
Whilst no degree is required for a Customer Services role, there are a number of traits that a candidate will be expected to display in order to excel in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure
- A thorough knowledge of the product or service the company they work for is offering
- Efficiency and organisational skills
- Administrative skills
- Computer literacy in order to type up reports, results and details of customer interaction
Are you looking for a Customer Service Manager role? View our latest Customer Service Manager jobs here.