An Administrator provides office and administrative support to either a team or individual. This role is vital for the smooth-running of a business. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. Additionally, Administrators are often responsible for specific projects and tasks, as well as overseeing the work of junior staff.
Administration duties and responsibilities of the job
Extensive software skills, internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required. An Administration job description may also have the title of Department Assistant, Coordinator or Personal Assistant. The job description should feature:
- Answering incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required
- Dealing with email enquiries
- Taking minutes
- Diary management and arranging appointments, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
- Data entry (sales figures, property listings etc.)
- General office management such as ordering stationary
- Organising travel and accommodation for staff and customers
- Arranging both internal and external events
- Possibly maintaining the company social media accounts
- Providing administration support to Sales Reps, Property Managers and Senior Management
Administration job qualifications and requirements
Although an undergraduate degree isn’t required for an Administrator role in every company, some employees do prefer to hire graduates. The following degrees would be valuable:
- Business studies
There are also secretarial courses available that are highly regarded by employers, aimed at both graduates and non-graduates.
Administrators are required to use a variety of software packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Aside from this, candidates will need to have excellent communication, organisational abilities and time management skills.
As Administrators are likely to be liaising with both internal and external stakeholders, it’s important that the Administration job description includes being well-presented and maintaining a sense of professionalism at all times.
Are you looking for an Administration role? View our latest Administration jobs here.
$80000 - 100000 / annum
24 September 2018
$27 - 30 / hour
20 September 2018
Inner Suburbs Melbourne
$30 - 35 / hour
18 September 2018
$120000 - 130000 / annum
13 September 2018
Western Suburbs Melbourne
$80000 - 85000 / annum
25 September 2018
8 September 2018
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
$75000 - 80000 / annum
31 August 2018
Southern Suburbs Brisbane
$26 - 27 / hour
3 September 2018
$25 - 30 / hour
11 September 2018