Administration Assistant Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Administration Assistant and Administration trends.
Administrative Assistants are responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties of an organisation. Traditionally, an Administrative Assistant job description highlights the importance of organisation skills, communication skills and the capacity to manage several tasks or requests simultaneously. Soft skills such as being professional and exceptional with time management are also valuable to include.
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities of the job
Central to smooth process and efficiency, an Administrative Assistant job description generally includes some of the below tasks and responsibilities:
- Answering and directing phone calls to relevant staff
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Taking notes and minutes in meetings
- Ordering and taking stock of office supplies
- Being a point of contact for a range of staff and external stakeholders
- Preparing documents for meetings and business trips
- Processing and directing mail and incoming packages or deliveries
- Greeting and directing visitors and new staff to the organisation
- Writing and issuing emails to teams and departments on behalf of teams or senior staff
- Researching and booking travel arrangements for staff members
- Finding ways to improve administrative processes
Administrative Assistant job qualifications and requirements
Formal qualifications and degrees are not traditionally required for Administrative Assistant roles. However, there are courses and certificates for candidates that are valuable to the role. These include:
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor in Business Administration
Additionally, requesting knowledge of certain programs in the Administrative Assistant job description will help attract top talent:
- Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Knowledge of project and task management tools such as Basecamp, Trello and Smartsheet
Are you looking for an Administration Assistant role? View our latest Administration Assistant jobs here.
Looking for an Administration Assistant job or Administration specific salary information? Head over to our Administration Assistant Salary Guide for insights and trends.