Financial Accountant | Logistics | 6 Months to Permanent
$80000 - 90000 / annum
Western Suburbs Melbourne
31 October 2018
Our client is a well-known brand within the Logistics industry. Recent changes in the team have resulted in a need to hire an energetic accountant to join a business where culture and personal growth are highly regarded. Our client offers on a healthy balance between life and work and can offer flexible working arrangements.
This will be an exciting role, initially to be recruited on a temporary basis, and will involve the following activities:
- Financial statement preparation
- Complex reconciliations
- Preparation of income tax, FBT, BAS and payroll tax returns
- Month end activities
- Variance analysis
- Cost and Revenue analysis
- First contact for auditors, prepare detailed work papers and documentation per audit plan, respond to all audit queries
- Maintain fixed assets register
- Improving the use of automation where possible
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities
This is a great opportunity for an individual who views this longer-term temporary role as an opportunity to find a stable and fun working environment in the Western Suburbs. As a highly-regarded player in their market place, this is a key time to be part of their growth strategy and is likely to result in a permanent term career move.
You will be an experienced Financial Accountant who is keen to gain new experiences in a large and complex environment.
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related field
- CA or CPA Post-Grad qualification
- Excellent experience in overall general accounting spanning at least 3 years post qual
- Extensive Excel and modelling skills. Good excel skills are crucial.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Candidate must be available within 2 weeks
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Melbourne office on 9691 3666.
Reference Number: 06810-0010522154DL
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 03 9691 3631