Financial Accountant | Immediate Start | Western suburbs
$35 - 45 / hour
Western Suburbs Melbourne
June 15, 2018
Finance and accounting
Robert Half is recruiting for a leading logistics organisation based in the Western Suburbs which has an immediate opportunity for an Financial Accountant. The position is initially a 4 month contract to support the business during their busiest time of year
Reporting to the Finance Controller you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in monthly accounting close
- Preparation of month end journals.
- Assist in detailed analysis of Balance Sheet for Board Reporting.
- Assist in completion of yearly audit across all entities
- Assist in preparing tax compliant yearly accounts for submission to tax accountants
- Complete reconciliation between management accounts and tax accounts
- Prepare Balance Sheet and Bank Reconciliation in timely manner.
- Clear down intercompany postings and general ledger balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register, fixed asset depreciation allocation and disposals.
- Work with business unit finance team to keep inventory aligned
- Review statutory lodgements (BAS, PAYG, ABS, Payroll Tax).
To be suitable for this role you will have 5+ years experience in a corporate accounting environment and be CPA/CA qualified or equivalent. You will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.You must have experience with large ERP systems and be ready to hit the ground running.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Reference No: 103864LS