$100000 - 110000 / annum
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
August 14, 2018
IT and technology
Our client is a group of companies who specialise in Telecommunications, Digital Solutions and Product Development. The company is currently experiencing strong growth in their client books both at an enterprise and individual consumer level. As such they are looking to add a Systems Engineer to support both Internal systems and client Infrastructure.
Reporting to the Senior Network Engineer, the Systems Engineer is responsible for implementing, monitoring and supporting internal and client systems, connectivity and security. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop and implement system upgrades and changes
- Server and Network maintenance
- Secure server operating systems by implementing and enforcing policies and monitoring access
- Software upgrades
- Provide escalated L3 support to both colleagues and clients alike.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
Travel to other Australian states may also be a requirement of the role so having flexibility to travel domestically along with holding a Victorian driver license is a requirement.
You must be an experienced IT Systems Engineer, an excellent communicator and passionate about delivering a high level of service to all users. You must have experience, or an ability, in the following:
- Virtualized environments and products most importantly VMWare
- Design, development and implementation of robust Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Networking Infrastructures
- Working knowledge of Storage Systems (SAN) and data center exposure
- Working knowledge of various messaging technologies (VOIP)
- Understanding of project management methodologies
- Working in a client facing role in an ISP or MSP environment
- Communication with key stakeholders across the business
- Citrix and/or Linux experience would be an advantage.
In addition to the technical skills mentioned, ideally you will have an IT degree or other relevant technical qualifications. The role also requires the ability to prioritise your work, excellent written communication skills and a positive and motivated attitude.
If this sounds like you and you are ready for your next step in your IT support career, then click on the Apply button today.
Job Reference No: 06810-0010446281