Business Project Manager - Not for Profit Industry
$600.00 - $700.00 / day
Western Suburbs Melbourne
10 June 2019
Our Client is a large, Australian owned not for profit entity with a peerless reputation and a much-lauded ethos of continuous improvement and the provision of services to the community of the highest quality. Long established, and with operations across Australia, they are considered among the best in their industry.
As their commitment to remain at the pinnacle of delivery continues, they have a number of business improvement and infrastructure modernisation projects, including, but not limited to - organisational infrastructure and process improvement projects - which require the skills of a talented and experienced Project Manager.
Reporting directly into the GM, the role will carry full responsibility for driving numerous projects from beginning to end. Specifically, the Project Manager will:
- Work with multi-departmental teams to implement the most pressing projects for the business
- Liaise with stakeholders from the operational, commercial and financial side of the organisation and provide a conduit between the project and the wider organisation.
- Manage numerous significant technology upgrades - including within the organisation's specialist system
- Manage and take responsibility for reorganisational and process-improvement projects from end to end
- Work closely with the external vendors to ensure deliverables are met and value is maintained
- Work alongside the Finance team to assess budgets on a regular basis
- Managing adoption levels and ensuring the organisation is motivated towards change
- Managing communication across all areas of the business
- Utilising recognised project methodology to implement key changes
- Presenting regular updates to key stakeholders in a formal and regular manner.
- Providing guidance and consultation to the business around the benefits of the changes
You will be a highly impressive Project Manager with a background of managing business and process improvement projects and experience in managing projects from inception to completion, particularly those involving stakeholders inside and outside of specialist teams. Your skillset will also include:
- Comprehensive, formal project methodology knowledge
- Experience working within a diverse environment with a broad base of stakeholders
- Comfort in presenting findings to every level within an organisation and communicating with the business at every level
- A hands-on, 'can-do' attitude and a background of delivering results in pressurised situations.
- A willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done in challenging circumstances and an ability to keep a cool head.
- High degree of vendor management experience and the ability to evidence cost savings and efficiency improvements
- Comfort in working alongside cross-functional teams and a preparedness to work in a resource-challenged environment
- Exposure to projects within the not-for-profit environment will be highly beneficial
This will be a highly rewarding opportunity to help a valued and respected Australian NFP to achieve the best possible results and to begin a new chapter in its history. Individuals with a keen interest in - as well as some experience of - working in this sector would of great interest.
You will also be a highly presentable individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
We will be interviewing and short-listing candidates for this role over the next two weeks. If you feel this would fit your profile, please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact us in our Melbourne office.
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631