Group Accountant | Services | 6-12 Months | Western Suburbs
Location : Western Suburbs Brisbane
Post Date : 23 November 2016
Employment Type : Project
Job Reference : 231116AQ
Job Classification : Project Consulting
Our client is a medium sized entity that, due to the complexities of numerous subsidiaries, is looking to improve their current reporting process and the structure of reporting. The team, although reasonably small, is very stable and exuberant about their work.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to work with an organisation that will offer continued professional development, and it will focus on the following areas:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial reports
- Process improvement around the month end procedures
- A factor of transactional work including AP/AR and Payroll
- More complex financial accounting issues
- Report development and improvement
- Investigation of budget discrepancies
- Preparation of workpapers for annual and half annual financials
- Inter-entity consolidations and reconciliations
- Liaising with the operational departments
- Working on efficiencies to improve reporting deadlines
This role will ideally start immediately and there is a high likelihood that a stronger candidate will be offered a longer term role.
You will be a CA or CPA qualified or part-qualified accountant with a solid skillset in financial accounting, keen to move into a role with more process development potential. You will be a confident and positive communicator, able to contribute the existing finance team, and offer value-add process improvements and reporting enhancements.
This position will suit someone with an energetic and ambitious attitude.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Adam Queay in our Brisbane office on 3039 4203.
10 Eagle Street