Area Manager | Rapidly Growing NFP | Warrnambool
$120,000.00 - $140,000.00 / annum
12 August 2019
IT and technology
This disability care services organization combines social justice with commercial acumen; it is an NFP business with an exceptional code of morality and ethics, that also adopts forward thinking ways of working and focuses on ensuring successful business outcomes whilst delivering a superb level of care to its consumers. This organization has a stable ELT and CEO, at all levels people in the business challenge one another to deliver in their roles to the best of their ability, whilst driving a supportive and inclusive culture. The company is going through unprecedented growth and transformation and as such has an excellent opportunity to build on its success and to ensure the best structure and practices are embedded into the business as it goes from strength to strength.
As one of a team of Area Managers, you will provide operational leadership and direction that ensures high quality service delivery and will manage a large operational workforce. You will drive continuous improvement of organizational systems and processes and also be responsible for maintain a positive and values-based culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage and provide leadership to your team and help to develop their competencies and technical skills.
- Contribute to the cultural shift required to enable staff to deliver services in a customer responsive, market driven environment within disability care services.
- Provide operational and strategic advice to ensure high quality services are always maintained.
- Accountable that the overall delivery of services in their area of control meets the Disability Service standards and any other identified regulatory standards.
- Work with the Shared Services team to ensure operations and services are in place for service delivery on the transfer date with minimal service disruption.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining relationships at the operational level with local partnerships as determined under the C&CE partnership strategy for the Division.
- Accountable for managing relationships with care givers, customers and families.
- Liaise with Asset and Property Management stakeholders, work with the Business Manager top resolve any issues as and when required. community expectations.
- Accountable for reporting around customer satisfaction, business perform and regulatory compliance.
Ideally, you have experience as an Area Manager or Regional Manager in community services or health, but if you have been working in a similar role in a different industry sector you may well still be a great fit. Exposure to NDIS (the National Disability Insurance Scheme) transitions is a plus as is work in the disability care sector. Your ability to ensure excellent standards of service delivery and experience managing a sizeable budget are two important non-negotiables.
This is a crucial appointment for the organization and the success of the person in this role is pivotal to the business continuing to lead the market in the short and long term. Competencies necessary to succeeding in the role include high EQ, good influencing skills and the ability to build rapport with leadership, operational staff and external parties and customers.
Your experience and skills should include most, if not all of:
- Management experience in a business that has seen rapid change and growth.
- Area Management in a Non for Profit environment, ideally with experience in Change Management as well.
- Experienced in managing service delivery teams in a matrix managed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply standards and regulatory requirements
- Disability Service Standards and DHS Policy framework in a service delivery environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to communicate with and empower the decision making of people with varying levels and categories of experience.
- Experience implementing customer focused processes to deliver quality services to meet customer needs and build customer loyalty.
For a confidential discussion please call 03 9691 3661 quoting the job title and reference number, and also click on the apply now button to submit your resume. 06810-99300106500BP
140 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
au 03 9691 3631