System Administrator - LINUX, AWS
$100000 - 120000 / annum
30 April 2019
IT and technology
This company is a well-known and highly successful ASX-listed education-based organization with offices in over 25 countries around the globe.
They offer a positive working culture that actively invests in IT and offers clear career progession opportunities once you've proven yourself.
As the System Administrator you'll be working alongside a global team to manage, develop, maintain and provide support to business-critical systems, including the Linux (Ubuntu & Debian) servers, database servers, web applications and the public cloud environment.
You'll be involved in a mix of projects and BAU support.
Key elements of the role include:
- Linux System Administration:
- Provide 3rd level support for various systems implemented in the network.
- Monitor and maintain these systems.
- Participate in the implementation new of systems as required.
- Administer, maintain and provide support for services hosted in AWS.
- Database Admin - Administer, maintain and provide support for Microsoft SQL databases systems.
- Application Stack Admin - Administer, maintain and monitor application stacks including monitoring for usages and performance issues.
- Design & Documentation - create and contribute to technical documentation relevant to Global Systems.
- Assist in providing backup support for general business systems where required (Windows Server, AD, Azure IAAS etc).
- Act as a project technical resource for the implantation of business systems as needed.
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
This role is suitable for a System Administrator / System Engineer with broad IT infrastructure experience on enterprise level technology. Strong Linux Admin skills and experience with AWS is a must.
It's ideal for someone who thrives working in an autonomous capacity managing their own priorities.
The following is required:
- Strong Linux administration experience (preferably Ubuntu and/or Debian)
- Strong AWS platform experience (e.g. EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Systems Manager)
- Automation experience, preferably Ansible
- Experience hosting PHP applications
- VMware ESXi/vSphere skills
- SQL experience
- Exposure to Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure etc is beneficial
- Well developed documentation skills
This is a full time permanent role based in the heart of the Sydney CBD and offering $100,000 - $120,000 (plus super) - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please click on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255