Senior System Administrator - Wintel, SCCM, Exchange, AWS
$15,000.00 - $135,000.00 / annum
2 July 2019
IT and technology
This company is a well-regarded & prestigious Professional Services firm with an impressive 150+ year history and currently employing 700 + staff across in 5 locations across Australia.
They are currently embarking on a major IT transformation including a push to the cloud (AWS), process automation (including Robotic Process Automation), and integration / enhancement of several key business systems.
As the Senior System Administrator, you will take a lead role owning the installation, maintenance, support, optimization, and enhancement of the firm's server infrastructure, applications & integration, and cloud environment (AWS).
You'll be working alongside a small, yet robust & highly motivated infrastructure team and the role involves a mixture of BAU support & projects including facilitating the move to AWS.
Over time this role will become the firm's systems integration, automation, and cloud SME.
Key elements of the role include:
- 3rd level Systems & Server Administration (support, maintenance, builds, troubleshooting etc)
- Facilitate the migration the management of systems into the cloud environment (AWS).
- Investigate then implement opportunities for automation and process improvements.
- Operational incident management.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members in relation to automation, the cloud, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Take key involvement in IT infrastructure projects.
- Involvement on on-call roster (3rd level support).
Key Technologies you'll be exposed to:
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016
- MS Exchange
- PowerShell - automation, scripting etc
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SAN Storage - config & maintain
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
Suitable for an experienced System Administrator / Engineer with a broad technical skillset and blended experience with both BAU and projects.
Attitude & personality are key, with the successful candidate being able to proactively take the initiative; take ownership & accountability; yet still be able to look at the bigger picture and provide input into strategic decisions.
The following is required:
- Broad 3rd level System Admin skills is a must.
- Strong Windows Server, Exchange and VMware experience is a must.
- Strong SCCM experience (SOE deployment, app packaging, updates etc) is a must.
- PowerShell scripting & automation skills is a must.
- AWS experience is highly beneficial
- SAN storage experience is beneficial
- Relevant certifications and tertiary qualifications (e.g. IT degree, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, AWS etc)
This is a full-time permanent role based in the Sydney CBD and is offering $135,000 - $150,000 (including super) - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255