Senior IT Security Analyst - SOC
$135000 - 155000 / annum
IT & Technology
This company is a large global Banking Institution with a strong presence in more than 30 countries around the globe.
Due to increased workload they now require an additional headcount to join their Global Security Operations team in Sydney.
As the Senior IT Security Analyst you'll be working in a global SOC team who work to a 'follow the sun' model.
This role is responsible for ensuring the banks Information Security is maintained, improved and developed to the highest standard. Key elements include:
- Incident response and addressing security breaches.
- Analyse, monitor and secure internal infrastructure and technologies
- Contribute to the development and implementation of security architecture and standards.
- Risk analysis and mitigation.
- Proactively recommend ways to improve security.
- Active engagement with the business in relation to the introduction of new technologies.
- Market analysis to source for new security tools - including making recommendations to management then driving implementation.
- This role is working the Sunday to Thursday shift from 3pm-11pm.
Key technologies you'll be exposed to include:
- ArcSight & Splunk
- BlueCoat Proxy
- IBM SiteProtector
- Symantec EndPoint Protection
- Windows & Linux OS experience
- Familiarity with Linux tools such as Perl, Python etc.
- Juniper firewalls
Are You Suitable for this Role?
Suitable for an experienced IT Security Analyst or SOC Analyst with strong analytical and investigation skills inside a complex organization.
The following is required:
- Extensive SOC and incident responsible experience
- Strong SIEM experience
- Network security background
- Proven experience sourcing, recommending and implementing new security tools
- Security architecture & design experience is beneficial
- Extensive threat intelligence knowledge
- Background in both Windows & Linux OS
- Comfortable working Sunday to Thursday from 3-11pm.
This is a full time permanent role is offering $135,000 - 155,000 (plus super) + bonus potential - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/sydney