Senior IT Security Analyst - SOC | Large Global Bank
$120,000.00 - $160,000.00 / annum
2 June 2019
IT and technology
This company is a large US Banking Institution with who employs more than 50,000 staff in more than 30 countries around the globe.
Due to increased workload they now require an additional headcount to join their Global Security Operations team in Sydney.
As the Senior IT Security Analyst, you'll be operating in a SOC style role responsible for ensuring the banks information & cyber security is monitored, maintained, improved, and developed to the highest standard.
Key elements include:
- Collect, analyse, interpret and investigate event logs in Splunk.
- Incident response, triage and addressing security breaches.
- Manage and execute multi-level responses on detected incidents.
- Proactively identify and advise on vulnerabilities and potential threats.
- Active engagement with the business in relation to the introduction of new tools & technologies.
- Assist in the design & development of dashboards for metrics and reporting.
- Create AAR (After Action Review) and TTP (Tactics, Threat & Procedures) documents.
- Automate tasks & processes wherever possible.
- Work closely with local and international teams.
ARE YOU SUITABLE FOR THIS ROLE?
Suitable for an experienced IT Security Analyst or SOC Analyst with extensive incident management experience and strong analytical + investigation skills inside a complex organization.
Suitable backgrounds include Intrusion monitoring, incident response/mitigation, web application security, threat intelligence etc…
The following is required:
- Extensive experience triaging and responding to sophisticated security incidents.
- Strong SIEM tool experience - e.g. Splunk, ArcSight or similar
- IDS and IPS experience.
- Network security background / understanding (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network intrusion methods, network containment, segregations techniques etc)
- Demonstrate broad understanding across network, server, desktop technologies.
- Background in both Windows & Linux OS is preferred.
- Scripting experience is highly beneficial - e.g. Python, PowerShell, SQL etc…
This is a full time permanent role is offering $120,000 - 160,000 (plus super) - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255