Senior HR Business Partner | Permanent | Sydney Based
$120000 / annum
July 12, 2018
Our client's institutions are part of the global International Universities network, with 1,000,000+ students at nearly 70 institutions in 23 countries.
This is a newly created role that reports directly into the VP of People and Talent who is based in Sydney.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner provides responsive tactical and strategic HR generalist advice and support to 1 of 5 key verticals across the Australian network, its leaders and managers and draws on the leadership and capabilities of our client to create and implement best practices and common processes to their key stakeholders and across the functional area.
- Strategic partnership with senior leaders to find solutions to complex problems and measuring the effectiveness of strategies in driving outcomes;
- Partner with key business and HR stakeholders to support organisational change, growth and transformation, leadership coaching, employee engagement and talent management activities;
- Influence and consult across the organisation to identify emerging HR trends and provide expert advice and recommendations to senior executives on the implementation of appropriate measures to ensure optimal HR service delivery;
- Identify potential ER, IR and related issues that may have an adverse impact on organisational effectiveness; identify, develop and recommend appropriate interventions to minimise potential risk or enhance service delivery from a HR perspective;
- Review employee grievances, conduct and facilitate meetings with all parties, to resolve or escalate as required, ensuring accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues;
- In conjunction with the Talent Acquisition Team (Centres of Expertise), coach managers in recruitment & selection processes, including behavioural based interviewing techniques to ensure best practice recruitment principles, including EEO are understood and upheld;
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Knowledge and Experience
- Exceptional HR generalist knowledge - recruitment, organisational development, industrial relations and trusted advisor, across multiple industries and sectors.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in providing strategic human resource management advice at a senior level along with a well-developed capacity to plan, lead, negotiate and manage organisational change.
- Extensive experience in the development of human resource management policy and innovative strategies.
- Proven experience in achieving business and talent outcomes through leadership.
- Experience working in a highly matrix organisation and/or shared services environment
- Exceptional ability to coach senior executives through times of change while at the same time providing clarity and HR support
- Proven ability to use metrics and workforce management to drive impact.
- High level analytic and problem solving skills, the capacity to successfully deliver high quality outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience
There are several key relationships that the HR Business Partner is expected to maintain and manage with:
- All Hiring Managers and Staff Managers
- Academic leaders
- Vice President, People & Talent
- Centres of Expertise
- Broader Australian Talent & Culture / Human Resources Team
- Vertical/Shared Service client group Executives/Leadership and key stakeholders
- Legal counsel - internal/external
You will be a proven Senior Human Resources Business Partner. You will have a natural ability to work closely with all levels of management and work in a stand alone capacity. There will be working flexibility on offer to support this.
Strong IR experience and exposure in the Education industry will be highly advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong interest in this industry, your generalist experience will provide the confidence to work closely with senior leaders, as well as the ability to influence and challenge
For any further questions, please contact Gemma Hamlin - 9240 0666 Or apply now!
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Sydney office on 02 9240 0666
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
Job Reference No: