Senior Financial Accountant
$110000 - 120000 / annum
20 May 2019
Finance and accounting
Based in the CBD, our client is an innovative Fintech firm seeking a motivated candidate to join their finance team as a Senior Financial Accountant. Developing leading edge technology in the proprietary trading market the business is currently growing expotentially. Also, 2019 has seen the business be acquired by a large private equity firm which means there is strong backing to evolve this business into a market leader in the fintech industry. Newly created, the role will allow a driven candidate to join a dynamic, professional and highly functioning team in a polished environment.
Reporting to the Finance Controller the role will require you to manage the finance function and will focus on;
- Preparing the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports.
- Managing and training 2 staff members in the transactional space (Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable).
- Tax reporting and inventory processing.
- Reconciling between for 4 different entities.
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising, and interpreting data.
- Providing financial advice by identifying potential complications and applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Collecting and analysing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates.
- Ensure all company statutory requirements are met promptly.
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements and controlling expenditure and cash flow.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts.
- Conducting internal audits on key financial functions.
- Examining and reviewing financial records to check for accuracy.
The position will provide a distinguished opportunity for a candidate to join a team-oriented environment. Highly motivated, you demonstrate;
- Experience in a Chartered firm - Big Four is highly desirable.
- Proficient in a large ERP - SAP is highly desirable
- Advanced Excel Skills - Macro knowledge is desirable
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Ability to work in a team and work autonomously
As an experienced Senior Financial Accountant, you are keen to progress in your career path and look to add value to this growing firm.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255