Senior Database Administrator
$120000 - 130000 / annum
July 12, 2018
IT and technology
This company is a well-known and prestigious mid-sized ASX-listed Financial Services-based organization who employ 700 staff across Australia.
They offer a positive and uplifting culture inside a high performing business + a genuine work balance.
As the Senior Database Administrator, you'll be working in a team and be undertaking a business-critical role responsible for the installation, administration, monitoring, maintenance, performance tuning, and security of the company's corporate databases.
You'll also be contributing to improvements in database standards, procedures and best practices.
- Troubleshoot, install, configure, build, maintain and secure corporate application databases.
- Monitor and improve database performance
- Assist with performance, capacity planning and database development
- Contribute to identifying process improvements
- Interaction with development teams and other business stakeholders
- Participate in on-call roster as required
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
This role is suitable for an experienced Database Administrator with strong DBA skills across Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases inside high availability environments.
Well suited for an innovative thinker who enjoys finding solutions to business problems and automating repetitive tasks.
The following is required:
- Extensive Microsoft SQL and Oracle database administration experience (installation, administration, monitoring, maintenance, performance tuning, and security etc.)
- Data architecture and modelling experience in complex applications integration environments.
- Good knowledge across Windows & Linux OS.
- Programming experience.
- Experience with MYSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, Oracle Rdb, and/or Netezza is beneficial.
- Business Intelligence experience is beneficial.
This is a full time permanent role located North of the Sydney CBD and is offering $120,000 - $130,000 including super - depending on experience
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please click on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney