Company and Role Summary
Our client is active within the building sector and work on a number of projects including commercial buildings, workplace fitout, data centres, industrial / manufacturing facilities, distribution / logistics centres, education, health & science, fitness & leisure, retail, hospitality and residential.
- Provide knowledge and guidance the day-to-day activities of the payroll staff and operate as the subject matter expert of the team and escalation point to resolve issues
- Review and approve the bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly, full time and part time employees ensuring the accuracy of data entry and meeting compliance
- System maintenance audit, including , but not limited to new hire set up, taxes forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, garnishments processing
- Evaluate and advance payroll service delivery model (s) while establishing and evolving processes and standards that consistently deliver against company objectives
- Maintain currency of market knowledge in Payroll best practices and solutions, as well as changing compliance environment and apply these to improve efficiency, effectiveness and deliver business outcomes
- Develop and nurture relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as HR, Accounting, Finance and Legal
- Manage, lead, coach and develop Payroll team providing guidance on prioritizing and performance
- Bachelors Degree, CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred
- 7 years payroll experience, supervisory experience required
- Experienced working in a high volume, multi-task work environment a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills, able to work reliably and efficiently under demanding deadlines, and with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy and completeness of work, able to detect inconsistencies in data; able to prepare and process payroll documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead, coach and work in a team and autonomously
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by emailing Daniela Ribeiro directly with your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, press the 'Apply' button below and attach your CV, or call Daniela Ribeiro directly in the Sydney office.
Covering letters are not required.