Network & Systems Security Engineer
$130000 - 150000 / annum
22 October 2018
IT and technology
This company is an innovative Software Development firm who deliver highly secure cloud-based applications to some of the world's largest and most recognized Fortune 500 organizations.
They have more than 30 office locations around the globe.
Broad, technical and hands-on role involving a blend of network, systems, application and cloud security to ensure the integrity the organization's customer-facing cloud-based applications.
- Monitor, configure, install & maintain Firewalls / IDS/IPS / SIEM tools
- Monitor, configure, install & maintain Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Application traffic management & security
- Network monitoring
- Incident response
- Linux & Windows server hardening
- Securing virtual environments (VMware)
- Vulnerability scanning & Penetration Testing
- Own and improve the technical security environment
- Implementation of new security tools / devices
- Assist with the designs for integrating new IT services and infrastructure.
- Provide security subject matter expertise to the wider business as needed
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation project
- Review & audit the current network device configurations
- Design more secure network security devices configurations
- Review and make recommendations to improve the current incident response procedures
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
Suitable for an IT Security Engineer with a broad technical skillset across network, systems, application and cloud security, who can work in an autonomous capacity and drive their own priorities inside a close-knit team environment.
Experience working across the following is required:
- Proven experience monitoring, maintaining and implementing network & systems security infrastructure.
- Cisco firewalls/ routing/switching/IDS/IPS
- Linux & Windows OS
- F5 BIG-IP
- Palo Alto is beneficial
- CISSP certification
- CCNA Security certification
- Application and cloud security experience is highly beneficial.
This is a full-time permanent role based in the heart of the Sydney CBD and is offering $140,000 - $165,000 (including super) - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000 02 9241 6255