Manager, Security Operations - SOC
$190000 - 230000 / annum
13 September 2018
IT and technology
This company is a large, reputable and well-known Banking & Financial Services organization who operate in more than 30 countries around the globe.
Due to a planned expansion of their Security Operations Centre in Australia, the bank requires a SOC Manager to join their global security monitoring team in this newly created role.
Newly created SOC Manager role working inside the banks global security monitoring team.
Responsibilities blend leadership & management of a team of Security Operations Analysts with hands on SOC Analyst duties including monitoring, triage, investigation and management of security incidents.
- Lead and manage of a local team of Security Operations Analysts - including performance management, training, career development, team scheduling etc
- Actively contribute to improving the SOC - including the development of formal processes, better documentation, reporting/metrics, automation, and introduction of new tools.
- Assist in the transition from 1 shift to 2 shifts per day.
- Work collaboratively with other Security teams in the wider global business (e.g. SIEM Engineering, Pen Testing, Threat Intelligence, Forensics teams etc...)
- Hands on Security Analyst work including monitoring, triage, investigation and responding to security incidents and events.
- Hands across Splunk, WireShark, RSA Archer, IDS/IPS, Windows & Linux OS, Perl & Python etc…
- Participate in an on-call roster (1 week on / 3 weeks off as 24x7 SOC on-call Manager + emergency response on-call as needed).
- Working hours are 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
Are You Suitable for this Role?
Suitable for a hands-on SOC Manager with well-developed cyber security knowledge / experience and proven staff management skills inside a complex organization with globally dispersed security teams.
The following is required:
- Extensive security operations background with proven experience triaging and responding to sophisticated security incidents.
- Experience leading, managing & transforming high performing teams.
- Strong knowledge of the security event lifecycle.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of application protocols (DNS, HTTP, FTP etc), networking protocols (TCP, ARP, ICMP, UDP etc), and network intrusion, containment and segregation methods including IDS & IPS.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of network, desktop and server technologies
- Hands on experience with SIEM tools and Packet Capture Analyzing tools (e.g. Splunk, WireShark etc)
- Financial services experience is beneficial.
This is a full time permanent role is offering $190,000 - 230,000 (plus super) - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000 02 9241 6255