Lead Network Systems Engineer
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
26 August 2019
IT and technology
This company is an established, growing and highly reputable Systems Integrator located in the Sydney CBD. They offer a range of services including their own private cloud offering, public cloud services, and a range of managed & professional services to external clients.
Paid certifications, ongoing training, a clear career path and an upbeat and outgoing work environment is on offer.
Newly created Lead Network Systems Engineer position where you'll be supporting various external client environments across servers, networks, virtualisation, desktops, mobility, and the cloud.
You'll be involved in a mix of L3 BAU support & project work including implementations, migrations and upgrades.
Being a small yet growing team you'll need to wear multiple hats, including handling escalations, working directly with clients, and mentoring junior staff members.
Key elements of the role:
· L3 Support across - Windows Server 2012/2016; DNS/DHCP; Active Directory & Group Policy; Office 365 & Exchange; VMware / Hyper-V; Storage & Backups.
· Hands on involvement with the implementation of client projects and solutions.
· Working closely with clients to ensure their business IT objectives are met.
· Effective planning, communication, training, coordination and execution.
· Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk.
· Projects include:
o Cloud & server migrations (Azure, GCP, AWS, VMware/Hyper-V)
o On-prem Exchange to Office 365 migrations (design & execution)
o Office moves (design & execution)
o Network configuration / redesign - WAN/LAN & configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi etc…
o Hardware installations / upgrades
A SUITBALE CANDIDATE
Suitable for a Senior IT Engineer experienced with support, troubleshooting & projects across systems & network infrastructure for multiple managed services clients.
It's ideal for a motivated and proactive customer service champion who wants to develop their technical skills and IT certifications + enjoy career progression, challenging work in an upbeat environment.
The following is needed:
· Broad hands on technical L3 background supporting & troubleshooting servers, virtualisation, cloud, storage/backups, mobility & networking.
· Good networking knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, VPN, WAN/LAN etc…
· Experience with Enterprise networking vendors such as Cisco, Fortinet, Meraki etc…
· Proven experience delivering multiple small-to-medium sized projects - e.g. migrations, upgrades, office moves etc.
· Fantastic customer service skills, and well-developed problem-solving skills.
· Experience being an escalation point or leading staff is highly beneficial.
This is a full-time permanent role based in the Sydney CBD and is offering circa $90,000 - $110,000 (plus super).
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255