IT Operations Team Leader
$120000 - 130000 / annum
September 2, 2018
IT and technology
This company is an innovative Software Development organization that creates and supports their own application solutions that enable tens of thousands of companies around the globe to improve their cash flow.
They offer a fun, innovative and collaborative culture + have an established presence across Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific.
This is a hands-on IT Operations Team Lead position involving 70% hands on technical work and 30% team leading activities. You'll focus on BAU support to ensure the stability and operation of the company's' 24x7 high availability customer facing applications.
- Taking a hands-on role to monitor, support, patch maintain, enhance and ensure the stability and availability of business-critical network systems infrastructure.
- Lead a small team of 3xdirect reports.
- Incident & problem management.
- Involvement in change management.
- Participate in paid on-call roster every 2 weeks
The technical environment includes:
- Windows Server 2008/2012R2/2016, IIS, SQL, DNS/DHCP
- SAN storage
- Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2)
- PowerShell scripting
- Cisco networking - routing / switching
- Cisco ASA
- F5 Load Balancer
- Small amount of Linux/Unix
ARE YOU SUITABLE FOR THIS ROLE?
Suitable for a hands-on IT Operations professional with proven team leading abilities and demonstrated experience supporting & ensuring the stability of business-critical systems.
It will be well suited to a strong IT generalist who wants to expand their career inside an established, yet growing Technology centric organization with a fun and social working environment.
The following is required:
- Extensive experience across Windows Server 2008/2012R2/2016, IIS, SQL, DNS/DHCP
- VMware expertise
- Experience with Infrastructure and Network monitoring tools
- IT security patching experience
- Inquisitive nature who enjoys root cause analysis and investigations
- Well-developed organization skills
- Proven team leading abilities and experience developing small teams
The following is beneficial
- PowerShell scripting abilities
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- SAN storage
- Exposure to IT security
- Cisco routing, switching & firewall configuration skills
- Exposure to a high availability, 24x7 environment
This is a full time permanent role based in the Sydney CBD that's offering $120,000 - 130,000 (plus super) + on-call allowance - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney