IT Infrastructure Administrator
$100,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
6 May 2019
IT and technology
This organisation is a very well-established Construction & Engineering firm with an impressive 40+ year history and more than 1000 + staff.
Due to consistent growth and continued investment in IT they now require an Infrastructure Administrator to join their growing internal IT team in this newly created position.
As the IT Infrastructure Administrator, you'll be responsible for ensuring the availability + implementation, administration and support of Windows-based infrastructure; network connectivity; level 2/3 end user support; and setting up of multiple new site locations across Australia.
You'll be working in a team and be involved in a mix of BAU & projects.
Training, professional career development and paid certifications are available.
Key elements of the role include:
- Windows Server 2012/2016 - 3rd level support & admin.
- Hyper-V - support & admin.
- Office 365 admin.
- Ensure availability and optimum performance of server infrastructure.
- SCCM/SCOM - install & configure software & SOE.
- Improve & contribute to documentation.
- Set-up new project sites - e.g. Servers, Network, Telephony, VC etc…
- IT Security - maintain a secure networking environment by monitoring and reporting security breaches and any unauthorized data access; deployment of new systems etc…
- Occasional travel to sites as needed.
ARE YOU SUITABLE?
Suitable for a Windows System Admin / Engineer with strong Hyper-V / VMware and competent Cisco networking (Switch config) skills who is comfortable working in a broad role occasionally providing overflow end user support if needed.
Ideal for someone with good problem-solving skills who is comfortable working in an unstructured and ever-changing environment alongside a busy, robust and social close-knit team.
The following is required:
- Strong experience administering Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Strong Hyper-V (preferred) or VMware skills.
- Cisco networking - switch configuration + troubleshooting.
- Well-developed problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven experience managing projects.
- Charisma and an ability to confidently engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel to sites if needed.
- SCCM / SCOM is beneficial.
- Riverbed experience beneficial.
- Experience with Azure & Office 365 is beneficial.
This is a full-time permanent role offering $100,000 - 110,000 (plus super) - depending on experience - and is located very close to North Sydney train station.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255