Head of Compliance and Company Secretary
$170000 - 200000 / annum
20 June 2019
A growing domestic bank based in the CBD who are looking to bring in an experienced Compliance professional. This bank has grown exponentially in the past 10 years through organic and non-organic means.
Be responsible for the provision both Company Secretariat duties as well as Compliance:
- Manage compliance, procurement and secretarial colleagues in order to partner with the business and provide advice to the board
- Maintain and improve current compliance and governance frameworks
- Work with the CEO and the Chair to enhance the quality of papers
- Liaise with APRA, ASIC, ACCC and ATO in regard to regulatory control
- Enhancement of frameworks to manage regulatory affairs
- Oversee AML/CTF officers
- Manage the relationship with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) regarding any disputes.
- Reporting to the CRO
Your Skills & Experience
- Company Secretariat and Compliance experience within Financial Services
- Experience setting up compliance frameworks and policies
- Experience dealing with regulators
- At least 6 years' experience in Financial Services within Compliance or Legal
- Strong communication skills to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of suppliers.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
You are highly organised, detail oriented, and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks promptly but accurately. You have a flexible outlook and are able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially with contacts from various different teams.
What's on offer?
- Exciting opportunities to broaden your career through ongoing training.
- Exposure to a variety of special projects to extend your skill set.
- Brilliant career prospects and a real chance to reach your full potential.
- The support of a talented team.
- A flexible workplace where work-life balance is actively promoted.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255