$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 / annum
24 July 2019
Finance and accounting
Based in the CBD, our client is an APAC operating project management and engineering consulting firm currently undertaking a huge wave of growth. Newly created, our client is a privately-owned and is seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team. As the business has acquired a number of key projects in the last 12 months, the business is growing both in staff and in revenue (15% YOY). Operating across the APAC region the business is emerging as a market leader with offices in Signapore, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Australia. This technical role is very hands on and will bring new challenges and rewards each day as you assist with the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This opportunity will allow you to expand your financial knowledge. With expanding operations around the APAC region this role offers interstate travel and professional development opportunities.
As the Financial Accountant, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager. You will be in charge of the financial accounting and reporting function for the business. Main duties and responsibilities:
§ Maintaining overall accuracy of the accounting system, including the general ledger
§ Preparation of financial statements at period end (such as month, quarter, half-year, annual) financial statements include profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement and notes to the account
§ Preparation of other external returns and statutory returns
§ Posting non-transactional accounting journals to the ledgers and accounting systems such as provisions for depreciation, tax, other accruals and contingencies
§ Reconciling between individual ledgers (fixed assets, stock, debtors, sales, purchases etc) and the general ledger
§ Extracting a trial balance at period end or as required, creating a set of accounts from the aggregate of separate transactional ledger balances
§ If necessary, creating a suspense account for unmatched accounting entries, investigating and reconciling discrepancies and clearing the suspense account.
§ Maintaining technical understanding by keeping up to date with technical releases and best practice guidance from relevant institutes
Your Skills & Experience
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field.
· Additional qualifications such as CPA or CA (CA is preferred but not essential).
· At least five years of exceptional Accounting experience.
· Intermediate to Advance skills in Excel.
· Exceptional experience with TM1, SAP, Blackline or ADP a plus.
· Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Brilliant organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
· Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritise tasks.
What's on offer?
· Strong progression lines towards a Senior Financial Accountant position in 18 months.
· A fast-paced work environment where you will benefit from ongoing training, mentorship and development.
· Annual organisation-wide training conference/celebration of excellences.
· A forward-thinking company that encourages work-life balance.
· Excellent benefits - Gym membership, Free breakfast, casual Fridays, corporate sports team etc.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, email Brody Johnston on [email protected].
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255