$85000 - 95000 / annum
July 6, 2018
Finance and accounting
My client is a leading ASX listed property management company with a diverse client portfolio. This organization is an instantly recognizable brand and market leader in this industry. The company has recently won a number of key projects and are continuing to grow through consistently exceeding their deliverables and specializing in their business offering. With this growth a newly created position has become available for a Big 4 1st mover to join the finance team for this division on a permanent basis in the position of Financial Accountant.
As the Financial Accountant, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager. You will be in charge of the financial accounting and reporting function for the business. Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining overall accuracy of the accounting system, including the general ledger
- Preparation of financial statements at period end (such as month, quarter, half-year, annual) financial statements include profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement and notes to the account
- Preparation of other external returns and statutory returns
- Posting non-transactional accounting journals to the ledgers and accounting systems such as provisions for depreciation, tax, other accruals and contingencies
- Reconciling between individual ledgers (fixed assets, stock, debtors, sales, purchases etc) and the general ledger
- Extracting a trial balance at period end or as required, creating a set of accounts from the aggregate of separate transactional ledger balances
- If necessary, creating a suspense account for unmatched accounting entries, investigating and reconciling discrepancies and clearing the suspense account.
- Maintaining technical understanding by keeping up to date with technical releases and best practice guidance from relevant institutes
The position will provide a distinguished opportunity for a candidate to join a team-oriented environment. Highly motivated, you demonstrate;
- Experience in a Chartered firm
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Ability to work in a team and work autonomously
As an experienced Financial Accountant, you are keen to progress in your career path and look to add value to this growing firm.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information contact Our Sydney office on 02 9240 0401 or Email [email protected]
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney