$90000 - 100000 / annum
9 November 2018
Finance and accounting
- Statutory Reporting, Management Accounting
- ASX Listed Organisation
- Tremendous Progression Opportunities
If you are looking to grow your financial skills and fast-track your career, then we are looking for you. My client is a leading NYSE advertising company with a diverse client portfolio. This organization is an instantly recognizable brand and market leader in this industry. The company has recently won a number of key projects and are continuing to grow through consistently exceeding their deliverables and specializing in their business offering. This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunities. This position reports to the Accounting Manager though you will be part of a talented and diverse team. Entry level graduates may be considered, making this an extraordinary opportunity to grow your career.
As the Financial Accountant, you will be reporting to the Finance Manager. You will be in charge of the financial accounting and reporting function for the business. Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining overall accuracy of the accounting system, including the general ledger
- Preparation of financial statements at period end (such as a month, quarter, half-year, annual) financial statements include profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow statement and notes to the account
- Preparation of other external returns and statutory returns
- Posting non-transactional accounting journals to the ledgers and accounting systems such as provisions for depreciation, tax, other accruals and contingencies
- Reconciling between individual ledgers (fixed assets, stock, debtors, sales, purchases etc) and the general ledger
- Extracting a trial balance at the period end or as required, creating a set of accounts from the aggregate of separate transactional ledger balances
- Conducting and formulating budgets, management reports
- If necessary, creating a suspense account for unmatched accounting entries, investigating and reconciling discrepancies and clearing the suspense account.
- Maintaining technical understanding by keeping up to date with technical releases and best practice guidance from relevant institutes
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in Commerce, Business or related field.
- CPA or CA.
- Experience in a Chartered firm
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP are preferred.
- Extraordinary ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical.
- Brilliant experience in general accounting and administration support.
- Excellent eye for detail and dedication to accuracy.
- Strong communication skills to explain ideas to a variety of colleagues.
What's on offer?
- An exceptional opportunity to advance your career with a growth-oriented company.
- A work environment where no two days are ever the same.
- A challenging and dynamic workplace.
- An encouraging employer offering extensive training and a defined career path.
- A super-modern workplace with a company that supports work-life balance.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000 02 9241 6255