Financial Accountant- FMCG
$90,000.00 - $110,000.00 / annum
23 July 2019
Finance and accounting
Our client is a leading luxury Australian FMCG business located in the Inner West and is a privately-owned firm starting operations in 1950. They have an operating revenue over 1$ billion and have a finance team of 15 people. The business has a head office in Sydney and manfacturing facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth as well as international sites in Hong Kong and mainland China. The business has recently purchased a new refinery and is looking to expand their connections across the APAC region and establish operations across South East Asia.
This Financial Accountant role is a newly created role and you will have 3 direct reports and will report to the FC of the business
, You will also be responsible for:
· Lead metal accounting, ensuring metal accounts are accurate and up-to-date for trading team;
· Posting month end standing journals including prepayment, accruals and provisions;
· Assist Finance Manager with tax compliance and reporting obligations;
· Review of daily bank reconciliations;
· Weekly cash forecasting;
· Weekly debtor/creditor reporting, and commercial reporting;
· Monthly intercompany reconciliation and variance investigations;
· Preparation of monthly BAS (Refinery) ensuring compliance and data completeness;
· Assist Finance Manager with income tax and other related tax matters;
· Prepare and review FBT for lodgment by tax agent;
· Involvement with annual Budget and projection process.
The successful applicant will:
* Be fully CA or CPA qualified.
* Experience with running a team of 1-3 people
· Some exposure to Management Accounting / costing / budgets & forecasts
* Be able to work at a fast pace, flexible and be adaptable to change
* Be able to evidence communication skills with both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
Applications will only be accepted if sent directly to [email protected]
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255