Our client is one of the fastest-growing technology businesses in Europe, currently experiencing dramatic growth in the APAC region. Focusing on the rapidly expanding money transfer sector, and having won many industry awards, the firm has grown aggressively since launching at the beginning of the decade. In line with a deep commitment to global compliance, the firm is now looking to recruit in the APAC region to support this strong business growth.
The role, reporting to the Regional Head of Compliance APAC, is broad in scope and has two major functions - to assist and support the APAC Regional Head of Compliance with the regional management of compliance across all APAC Jurisdictions and the application of compliance principles to support growth across the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Regional Head of Compliance, APAC
- Collate, prepare and assist with the presentation of the Compliance Program as a selling point of the business to Partners, Regulators, Banks, and Auditors as may be required.
- Support and apply oversight of regulatory compliance, AML and CTF Programs across the region and create a robust culture of regulatory compliance, AML and CTF awareness.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and collect the required information for the various Regional projects, incentives and new product innovations,
- Provide advice to local (APAC) compliance officers as instructed by Head Office, the Group Compliance Director, Regional Director and Regional Head of Compliance
- Assist with Regional Regulatory & Compliance management and coordinate the relevant exams and audits with the local Compliance Officers
- Assist with the co-ordination of the Fraud Report and analysis issued by the firm's Fraud & Loss Prevention team and disseminate any learnings to the Local Compliance Officers upon further discussion and consultation with the Regional Head of Compliance.
- Ensure compliance at all times with all applicable laws and regulations
- Develop strong relationship and enhance the dialogue with the regulatory authorities and industry bodies, along with internal global teams.
- Influence global policies and risk frameworks in terms of onboarding new partners, correspondents and marketing campaigns on consumer protection issues
This role will suit an experienced Compliance professional with exposure to the APAC region in a Fintech money transfer business and/or bank with a similar product
You will possess the following skills/attributes:
- Strong breadth and depth of experience across a wide range of compliance areas including AML/CTF, consumer protection, privacy, financial crime and licensing
- Strong understanding of the regulatory landscape and how it applies to money transfer/foreign exchange businesses
- Thorough knowledgeable and understanding of the APAC Regulatory landscape including but not limited to Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore
- The ability to quickly learn new laws and regulations from APAC jurisdictions and having a broad appreciation of significant international regulatory developments
- A deep curiosity about compliance and regulation trends in different countries and a desire to make a difference at the APAC level
- Proven relationship building skills and having a track-record of providing advice to internal stakeholders on the implications of compliance for the broader business.
- The ability to apply rules and regulations with a commercial view and advise decision-makers on commercial decisions regarding market entry and choice of correspondents and banking partners
- Experience supervising, managing and mentoring compliance staff.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Paul Ridley in our Sydney office on 02-9240-0455.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney