Cyber SOC Analyst
$120,000.00 - $130,000.00 / annum
3 May 2019
IT and technology
This company is a large and high established Banking Institution with a strong presence in more than 30+ countries around the globe.
Cyber Security Analyst (SOC) role responsible for ensuring the banks information & cyber security is monitored, maintained, automated, improved, documented and protected to the highest standard.
You'll be working alongside local and international teams in a follow-the-sun model.
Capacity to work either Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday 8am-4pm is preferred.
Continuous professional development, ongoing training and paid security certifications are on offer to ensure you are constantly improving.
Key elements include:
- Collect, analyse, interpret, & investigate event logs in Splunk.
- Manage and execute multi-level responses on detected incidents.
- Involvement in incident response as needed.
- Documentation of tasks/processes in preparation for automation - e.g. AAR (After Action Review) and TTP (Tactics, Threat & Procedures) documents etc...
- Assist in the design & development of dashboards for metrics and reporting.
- Involvement in SOC automation with Spunk Phantom.
- Contributing to the implementation of security tools, architecture and standards.
ARE YOU SUITABLE FOR THIS ROLE?
Suitable for a Security Analyst with very good analytical skills triaging & investigating sophisticated security incidents. Well-developed security documentation skills and a keen interest in automation are highly beneficial.
The following is required:
- Proven experience analysing, interpreting, & investigating security event logs with SIEM tools - e.g. Splunk, ArcSight, LogRhythm, IBM QRadar etc…
- Network security background / understanding (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network intrusion methods, network containment, segregations techniques etc).
- IDS and IPS experience.
- Windows & Linux OS background.
- Experience with automation is high beneficial.
- Scripting experience is beneficial - e.g. Python, PowerShell, SQL etc…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great documentation skills
This is a full-time permanent role is offering $120,000 - 130,000 (plus super) potential - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255