Credit Risk Officer | Commercial Banking |Great exposure
Location : Sydney CBD
Post Date : 14 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Reference : 12700PR
Job Classification : Financial Services
The company is a global bank
The role reports to the Manager, Credit and includes the following responsibilities:
- Assisting the business to better identify potential credit risks, improve the quality of information sought from and provided by customers and document the identified risks and mitigants
- Assisting the Credit Risk Assurance Manager to monitor credit risk related changes to local regulatory requirements.
- Actively participating in ACC discussions, including reviewing and opining on all credit proposals brought before the ACC for support to progress to Head Office for approval.
- Monitoring compliance with credit policies and procedures.
- Monitoring aggregate Australian Branch credit risk exposures against any approved credit portfolio limits, and reporting any breaches
- Undertaking hindsight review of all credit proposals approved by the GMs, including adherence to their delegated credit approval authorities.
- Recommending actions to control or reduce credit risk to ensure that the desired credit quality of the portfolio is maintained.
- Assisting the Credit Risk Assurance manager to periodically review the quality of analysis of key credit risks and mitigating factors for material credit exposures, and reporting the findings to the Head of Risk and Compliance, the Australian Country Head and the Credit Committee.
- Sound understanding of techniques for analysing the credit risk of retail borrowers, corporate borrowers ranging from small to medium enterprises to very large corporates, as well as Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions, plus property investment and property development proposals.
- Experience working in a core credit assurance function
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability and willingness to mentor junior team members.
- Able to identify key risks (e.g. within individual credit proposals and also across a credit portfolio) and propose sound and effective ways of mitigating the risks and monitoring the risks going forward.
- Good understanding of the Prudential Standards issued by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) as they relate to a foreign Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) operating in Australia.
- Ability to take ownership and work unsupervised
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Paul Ridley in our Sydney office on 02-9240-0455.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
19 Martin Place