$60000 - 70000 / annum
6 December 2018
Finance and accounting
Robert Half finance and accounting are actively recruiting for a permanent credit controller to support a rapidly growing FinTech business in the CBD.
The business is looking to recruit a target driven credit controller to join a high performing finance team. It is essential you can demonstrate a clear understanding of being able to priorities the ledger and can give clear examples of bringing in aged debt.
Reporting to the Credit Team Leader and working as part of team of 4, you will be responsible for managing live accounts with accountability for collecting, cash allocation, order release and setting credit limits.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Proactively contact clients / internal contacts for prompt collection or resolution of aged receivables;
- Drive cash flow & debtor day targets by strong portfolio management & relationship building;
- Work with relevant client partners & practice groups to achieve all Firm KPI's where applicable;
- Resolve customer receivable issues, disputes & claims with revenue control teams & practice groups;
- Full day to day management of assigned portfolio by accurate codification, collections comments & dispute identification;
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation techniques & timely follow up on all outstanding debts;
- Develop excellent relationships with key contacts within the client's organisation;
- Engage key stakeholders & continuously drive credit control strategy by building relationships to convert to direct client contact;
- Control & manage the statement / dunning process;
- Reconciliation of client accounts;
- Use imagination & clear thinking techniques to improve processes & deliver excellent service to the Firm;
- Drive recommendations of referral for further action when full collections techniques are exhausted to recover bad debts;
- Work as part of a team to ensure additional credit control tasks are undertaken;
- Proactively manage client account balances by working closely with relevant fee earners;
- Analyse portfolio & have strong control over estimated cash collection & debt status throughout the month;
- Ensure all cash receipts & transfers comply with the "solicitors accounts rules" requirements & are properly accounted for;
- Attend & contribute to credit control team meetings
This role requires a creative clear thinker & energetic performer who excites & inspires others. In addition, you will:
- Confident communicator and decision maker that will hit the ground running and take initiative to carry out credit control tasks.
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and flexible
- Have a tenacious and enthusiastic approach to collections and the ability to manage your own day
Please send your resume in MS Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact our Sydney office on 9241 6255.
Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000 02 9241 6255