Cloud Engineer - AWS & Linux
$110000 - 130000 / annum
13 May 2019
IT and technology
This well-known ASX-listed organization operates in the education sector with operations in 20+ countries around the globe.
As the Cloud Engineer, you're role will be to manage, implement, improve and automate the company's public cloud (AWS environment) and Linux infrastructure that hosts a number of business-critical systems.
You'll be involved BAU & project work whilst working alongside both local and international teams.
Key elements of the role include:
- Manage, administer, support and improve the AWS environment - primarily EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch and Systems Manager.
- Linux System Administration - 3rd level support, administrator, builds, performance tuning etc…
- Drive automation wherever possible.
- Systems monitoring to ensure availability
- Application Stack - administer, maintain and monitoring
- Assist in providing backup support for general business systems where required (Windows Server, AD, Azure IAAS, SQL databases etc).
- Act as a project technical resource for the implementation and enhancement of business systems as needed.
A SUITABLE CANDIDATE?
Suitable for a Cloud Engineer with strong knowledge & skills administering AWS & Linux infrastructure inside a complex multi-domain environment.
It's ideal for someone who loves automation and who thrives working in an autonomous capacity managing their own priorities.
The following is required:
- Proven Linux administration experience (Red Hat, Ubuntu and/or Debian)
- Strong AWS platform knowledge & experience (e.g. EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Systems Manager)
- Automation experience, preferably Ansible
- Experience hosting PHP applications
- VMware ESXi/vSphere skills
- Good SQL knowledge/experience
- Exposure to Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure etc is beneficial
- Well developed documentation skills
This is a full-time permanent role based in the heart of the Sydney CBD and offering $110,000 - $130,000 (plus super) - depending on experience.
*Please note, full permanent Australian working rights are required to be considered for this position and successful applicants will be contacted.
Please click on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 3 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney
1 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
au 02 9241 6255