Robert Half Executive Search has been exclusively retained to identify the Chief Technology Officer for a revolutionary high-growth enterprise SaaS business. This market-leading multi-award-winning organisation is already highly regarded as an innovative software-delivery management business currently servicing enterprise clients globally.
There is a need for a commercially astute CTO with invigorating leadership experience to develop a culture of creativity amongst a motivated and engaged high-performing Engineering team in the pursuit of world-class customer service.
The Role: The overarching objective of the Chief Technology Officer is to develop, mentor and retain a high-performing engineering team of 45+ individuals in their Sydney operation.
Working closely with the C-level executives, the CTO will be responsible for delivering the already created technology strategy and product roadmap, accurately and on time. As such, in addition to a generous salary, there will be equity on offer for the successful individual.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Gain a deep understanding of the structure and company technology to assess what is needed from the team for overall success.
- Define an organizational structure and staffing plan within budget.
- Create a culture of highly motivated and invested, accountable individuals.
- Standardize Engineering processes while meeting the needs of the business.
- Establish QA roadmaps to track progress in a clear, measurable manner.
- Implement SaaS processes and practices which ensure optimal uptime at minimal cost for operations.
- Define a technology roadmap that ensures the company platform will meet future needs of scale, performance and usability.
- Drive the evolution of the technology stack for the business.
- Prioritise system developments and projects.
- Ensure the continuous development and improvement of the platform.
The ideal candidate will have shown a strong focus on effective leadership and have a proven track record of successfully building and leading high-performing and cohesive Engineering teams that are committed to achieving a common goal; customer-first mentality. The success of this individual will lie in their ability to effectively make people, process and product changes which positively impact the business.
Through instilling a sense of urgency to the team, and efficiently managing product roadmaps and improvements, this individual will be successful in providing leadership and technology guidance. A highly analytical individual with both gravitas and humility will integrate well and thrive in this fast-paced business.
- Prior experience in establishing healthy cultural and behavioural habits in an engineering team.
- Experience building and scaling a successful, SaaS-based model for B2B Enterprise customers.
- Prior experience as a hands-on contributor within the development/engineering domain
- Deep understanding of quality management and maintaining a low margin of error.
- Previous experience of having scaled large, complex software.
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- A leader, mentor and a genuine team player, willing to work shoulder to shoulder with others to get the job done.
- Proven experience of having reshaped a technology team.
- Gravitas and the ability to inspire confidence, particularly in relation to both technical capability and the persuasive, compelling presentation of ideas.
- Driven, determined and disciplined.
- Open and transparent communication style and able to articulate the business plan to an intelligent leadership team based remotely overseas
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL WORKING RIGHTS IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Learn more about our Sydney recruitment services: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-sydney