$70000 - 75000 / annum
August 7, 2018
IT and technology
Do you have exceptional technical skills and a passion for troubleshooting and engaging with customers? If that sounds like you, our client is looking for an Application Support specialist. You'll be part of a rapidly growing company that offers a positive work environment where no two days are the same. As part of a focused IT team, you'll be solving range of issues across a diverse customer base. This exciting role lets you be part of a respected company that actively promotes work-life balance while offering every opportunity for you to broaden your skill set and put your career in the fast lane.
As an experienced Application Support expert, you'll enjoy a customer facing position that allows you to showcase your exceptional communication and customer service skills. You'll find yourself troubleshooting in-house applications, third party applications, data mining, report building, writing and working with complex queries, database management, indexing, and potentially promoting a software fix. Each day brings something new so you certainly won't fall into a rut, and you'll be rewarded by being able to take pride in your work and be personally responsible for keeping operations running smoothly.
Your Skills & Experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, SQL Server, XML and report generation
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and analytical skills.
- Ability to write and understand SQL Queries
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (Jira, Redmine, etc.)
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- A genuine passion for customer service and the confidence to remain positive and calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of legal precedents and documentation is favourable but not required
You have a thorough understanding of the Software Support and an interest in the development lifecycle (SDLC), which allows you to interact with developers, analysts and project managers. Your technical skills are exceptional and you're able to analyse and solve issues reported by customers. You relish a challenge and the chance to unravel problems with a cool clear head. You're a people person who understands the value of actively building strong customer relationships. Your excellent communication skills mean you can skip the tech talk and convey complex ideas to customers who don't have a strong IT background.
What's on offer?
- Endless opportunities for career development. As you excel in your role as an Application Support specialist, you can grow in to Consultancy or Business Analysis type role and beyond.
- Continuing professional education and development through exposure to a wide variety of technical challenges.
- The support of a high calibre team who work as a close and tight unit
- Opportunities to extend your creative flair to solve challenges that vary on a day to day basis.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.