Accounts Receivable Officer
$65000 - 70000 / annum
Finance and Accounting
Company and Role Summary
Our client is here to provide solutions for any and all challenges faced within your facility or infrastructure. Through in-house turnkey electrical solutions, unparalleled fire safety, a full range and distribution of security systems, progressive energy management, dependable tailor-made door and distributed window solutions and sustainable building services, our seven divisions work together to deliver fully integrated infrastructure and facility solutions.
- Effectively managing the customers' ledger by
- Sending out invoices and statements if applicable
- Contacting the customers before the balances become overdue to confirm payments
- Posting and allocating daily receipts
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Liaising with other areas of the business to resolve outstanding queries
- Undertaking account reconciliations as required
- Ensuring processing deadlines are met as required.
- Manage the preparation of receivable forecasts and monitoring of performance.
- Ensure controls in master data changes are adhered to.
- Responding promptly and completely to both customer and internal enquiries.
- When required seeking approval from the Financial Controller to initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Working to strict monthly and annual collection targets.
- Supervise the accounts receivable team.
- Ensure employees work in a safe and incident free workplace and are committed to the achievement of objectives and the fulfilment of their own potential.
- Assist with providing continuous review of processes with appropriate recommendations for process improvement.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
- Other duties as delegated from time to time
- Identify personal professional development opportunities and raise with Financial Controller
- Minimum three year experience in accounts receivable function with responsibility for direct customer contact.
- Basic Accounting skills (General ledger, Chart of Accounts and Reconciliations)
- Intermediate to advance Excel Skills.
- A Customer focused approach in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Accountability: effectiveness in carrying out organisational and job responsibilities.
- Communication: ability to speak, listen and write effectively in various job roles and settings.
- Decisiveness: readiness to make decisions and judgements and take action.
- Initiative: ability to influence rather than just accept events, and to act independently or without specific instructions within job framework.
- Judgement: ability to reach sound, logical conclusions after consideration of available data and possible courses of action;
- Problem-solving: ability to identify, analyse, generate possible solutions and solve practical problems and also to accept solutions and innovations suggested by others.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by emailing Daniela Ribeiro directly with your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, press the 'Apply' button below and attach your CV, or call Daniela Ribeiro directly in the Sydney office.
Covering letters are not required.