Assistant Accountant - 6 month contract
$28 - 30 / hour
Southern Suburbs Perth
Finance and Accounting
Robert Half is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join an award winning Australian manufacturing company. Our client has an excellent leadership team, culture and staff development program. They are growing rapidly and are looking to add to their current finance team of 9. The role is for an initial 6 month contract, with the possibility of a permanent role in the future.
As the Assistant Accountant you will work closely with the Finance Manager and support the wider Finance Team in achieving daily and monthly responsibilities. The role will be based in their head office and will heavily be focused around transactional accounting, however it is a great opportunity to be mentored and really broaden your finance and accounting skill sets. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Month end close including journal entries, Balance Sheet & P/L reconciliations
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Sales and KPI reporting
- Sales tracking, gross margin reporting and stock reconciliations
- Analysis of stock takes, stock movements and processing stock levels appropriately
- Bonus and commissions calculations
- Process manuals and process improvements
- Sales budgeting and Forecasting
In order to be successful in this Assistant Accountant role, you will be a highly analytical individual with high attention to detail, be able to work in a high volume environment and have strong business partnering skills to work with the wider commercial team across the business. You will have a proven track record to achieve results, work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines as well as being a strong team player.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Manufacturing experience is highly regarded
- Degree Qualified - partially or fully qualified with CPA / CA desired
- Strong written and verbal communications is a must
- High level of attention to detail is must
- Advanced level of Excel
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Brendan Ward in our Perth office on (08) 6430 6801.