System Administrator | Immediate Start I Parking on-site
$35 - 40 / hour
Southern Suburbs Brisbane
9 September 2018
IT and technology
This organisation is well respected in its field and provides evolutionary ideas, concepts and products both domestically and internationally. With an impressive customer following and repeat business that covers Australia and New Zealand, they ensure their technological advances with their designs are start of the art.
This company has been established for over 60 years and has a vision of commitment, inspiring new design ideas and courage to commit to a concept from beginning to end. They have grown to be one of the nation's largest manufacturing/design organisation within Australia and NZ.
They are looking for a System Administrator who can assist a medium sized user base internally and remotely with any IT related issues and manage all servers 2008-2016. You must have stronger skills in server support as well as solid networking experience.
If you love the early start and the early finish, then these hours will be perfect for you!
The hours for the position will vary due to the time different in NZ, the hours can be from 7:30am- 4pm, 6:30am-3pm and you must be available from 5:30am just encase any issues arise in NZ.
If you enjoy working in the blue-collar industry with a relaxed office culture this will suite you. Whilst this position is the back-end support you must be flexible to assist with any desktop related issues. Everyone in the company pitches in and no task is too small or too big to assist with.
The skills and experience that lies within the office is what drives the business to succeed, the organisation ensures that internal talent is sustained yet flourishes with further training and development.
This is an initial 3month contract , with the high chance of extension and permanency for the right candidate.
Providing back end support of all servers plus desktop support you will:
- Provide high level of technical problem-solving skills in a windows environment (AD, Sophos, Exchange, Office 2016)
- Back end support of several HP and SQL servers from 2008- 2016
- Administer servers, desktop computers, routers, switches, phones, software deployment, system patched and upgrades
- Maintain network servers, such as file servers, database servers, development servers
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and hardware upgrades
- Purchase relevant hardware when required
- Allocate routing procedures and routing table configuration
- Support internal and remote users in a timely manner including hardware and software troubleshooting
- Ability to work and adhere to deadlines
- Plan and deploy networks
- Perform back up operations on a daily basis
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Proven Networking skills
- Experience supporting multiple servers
- Exchange, Office 2016 and SQL server experience
- Exceptional desktop support skills
- Current and valid driver's license
- Thick skin and able to deal with various personalities
- Ability to thrive in a blue-collar environment
- Commitment to an initial 3month contract with the high chance of extension
- Proven support with switches/routers
- Excellent hardware and software skills
- Eagerness and drive to excel in your career
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact The Technology Division in our Brisbane office on 07 3039 4202.
Learn more about our Brisbane recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-brisbane
10 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000 07 3039 4202